Saturday 24 March 2012

Joo's Book Reviews: Interrogating Ken Magee

Joo's Book Reviews has just published an interview with me. Here's the first question and answer... go to Joo's Book Reviews for the full interrogation.
How do you strike the balance between writing something you want to write and writing something that people want to read, in terms of the compromises you make, if any?

I write fantasy and people who read that genre don’t place too many restrictions on the writer. There was one scene that I was writing for the Dark Tidings sequel that involved a naked wizard and a couple who had snuck off to be alone in a secluded tavern (don’t ask how that all came about!)... I had a lot of fun writing it, but when I read it again, I decided it needed to be toned down a bit. I may ask Joo to read the revised scene to make sure it now qualifies as ‘decent’.
As I said, please check out the whole interview at Joo's Book Reviews.

1 comment:

  1. And it was a pleasure to interrogate you Ken.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete